Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Outfit Post: Attachment Issues


I am not ashamed to admit I get way too attached to inanimate objects.  For example my stuffed Heathcliff my brother won for me at a carnival when I was five has been sewn back together roughly six times over his life span.  He's lost a good quarter of his stuffing and his eyes and nose (both hard plastic.  He was the ultimate weapon during sleepover pillow fights) are hanging on by threads.  But I refuse to let the little guy go.  Sure I say I'm holding on to him for when I have a little one of my own but I'm pretty sure he'll just stay tucked away safe and sound where I can keep forever.  Ripe for therapeutic consideration.

I hold on to clothes until they fall apart too.  For example, my trusty polka-dot dress I've had for somewhere over eight years now.

 DSC_0593 (5)

 Dress: Lux via Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Vince Camuto via Rue La La

No comments:

Post a Comment