Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Impressions


Here's the thing about opening lines, the good ones are taken.  I mean I could start this off with "it was the best of times it was the worst of times" but then you'd be bored already.  And I'd be plagiarizing and that's a real asinine thing to do.  So perhaps we start with a good old fashion introduction?  Hi, I'm Nikkole.  (And most likely if you're here it's because you already know me (yes, I'm counting net/blogger friends) and that was kind of wasted on you.  However, the internets are a vast place and I'm thinking eventually people who don't know me may wander over.  That was for their benefit.  Moving on.)  I've been doing the "outfit of the day" kind of blog for a while now and I kept losing interest.  I'd dip off for weeks at a time but then miss blogging and my blog friends.  Then I figured out what the problem was.  I'm not just an "outfit of the day" kind of girl.  Sure there's plenty of days when I feel I look nice but clothes and getting dressed aren't the only things I dig.  I dig lots of other stuff.  So this new format, a format to say whatever was born.

What should you expect to find here?  I'm not one hundred percent sure.  Some stuff about clothes, fashion, and shopping for sure.  I'm not giving up on getting dressed (I'm pretty sure my boss would frown upon it).  Some stuff about music since I have a passion for good tunes despite the fact that I can't carry a tune or play anything other than a kazoo.  Mostly likely there'll be things that happen to be inspiring or pissing me off or confusing me or simply worth passing along.  And there'll definitely be gratuitous cat pictures.  Like this

DSC_0037

So if you think you can get behind all that jump on board and we'll see where we go.  If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, then I understand.  Neither I or my feline partner in crime are offended.  But I hope you guys stick around to see what I have to say and have some stuff to say back.   
N

No comments:

Post a Comment