Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Good Eats: BBQ Casserole


So, who loves a good casserole?  Personally I think they're the best thing since sliced bread.  And my picky eater will eat pretty much anything topped with chips and cheese so for dinner with no grouching a casserole is the way to go.  BBQ Casserole is one of the boy's favorites.

Ingredients:  1pd Ground Beef or Turkey
                         2 slices chopped Bacon
                         BBQ Sauce (roughly half a bottle)
                         1 16oz can Baked Beans
                         Fritos (Original works best)
                         2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar
                         Seasons of Choice

First, preheat your oven to 350.  Next brown up your bacon and ground meat.  I do them together to save time.  I like to throw some Garlic Salt and Cracked Black Pepper for flavor.

DSC_0673

Next stir in your BBQ Sauce and Baked Beans. If you use a BBQ Sauce with brown sugar or other sweet flavor I recommend going with a less sweet Baked Bean or vice versa.  Let those simmer together for just a couple of minutes.   

DSC_0677

Then pour the mixture into a greased baking pan (I like to foil and grease mine for quick clean up) and bake for 50 minutes.  When time is up layer half the cheese, the Fritos, and the other layer of cheese then pop it back in the oven until the cheese is melty.

DSC_0679

And I meant to snap a pic of the gooey outcome but I was far too hungry and had to gobble it down immediately.   

If you give it a go let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment