Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Monday: Watching Reruns


I think that an on point soundtrack is vital to a compelling TV show.  Talented actors invoke emotion but combining the right song with a powerful performance makes it worth turning the TV on.  I may be partial since it’s one of my favorite shows but I think Criminal Minds is tops for soundtrack.  The selections are never overpowering and always crucial to the emotion that’s being conveyed.  Last night I rewatched (I think I’ve rewatched the entire series three or four times at this point. Fan Girl) the episode “Penelope” from season three and now the two key songs are on today’s playlist.


This track played when technical analyst Garcia “battled” technical analyst Kevin Lynch (Nicholas Brendon aka Xander if you worship at the altar of Joss Whedon like I do).  Two people with chemistry clicking through their computer screens sparking through the television screen.  Perfect.


In light of the story of Garcia’s near death experience this track is epic.  Also I’ve always loved the Wallflower’s cover.  In fact, I never knew it was a cover.    

No comments:

Post a Comment