Monday, July 2, 2012

Music Monday: Let’s Hear it for the Girl


Let’s ignore that horrible play on the title, shall we? (If you’re like wth, this should clear that up.) It got stuck in my head and I couldn't not use it.  I’m feeling some chick tunes today.  Real chick tunes from back in the day.  Now, don’t get me wrong there are plenty of ladies doing interesting things in music today but it seems rather overran with bubblegum pop (and a serious lack of pants).  I like my lady music with a little more grit.



I love the cheeky message in this one.  It’s like sure maybe I did some stuff… maybe I did some stuff with a hot biker boy behind the bar one night… but I didn’t say shit about it so how you gonna prove it?  She even spend half the video smirking.  Love it.



I knew all the lyrics to Angry Johnny when I was about 14.  I felt cool and indie rocking out. 


Although most of McLachlan’s music was fairly light, this one always felt darker and heavier to me.  Which makes sense considering the influences.   

No comments:

Post a Comment